Round 2

I'm back in Taiwan! The second year is always the best, and it's a lot easier. You're kind of over the initial frustrations of adjusting to a new life and a new job, and you can kind of just slide into your old routine and can now focus on new things and more fun things. James and I have moved into a beautiful new rooftop apartment, so now I can officially live an adult life.
Last year, I was living in the crustiest apartment in the world with a really nice yet strange woman. And living in a crusty place makes you crusty. But, now I feel refreshed and made new and can head into this world with a renewed power and enthusiasm!

James and I had a beautiful summer vacation. We traveled to London to see many members of his family including his brother, and we went to Ireland to visit friends, and I even went to Wales to visit other friends. It was amazing! We could go to dark mahogany pubs where people understood what you were saying when you were ordering. I could order gluten free pancakes if I wanted, and no one batted an eye. And, I had the chance to finally not wake up early for work. That's the thing we really needed to restore our energies. It has been a long school year, and so it was hard to come back to get into it again. I'm not used to this intense of a school year schedule, so we will not be staying any longer because of this. The fact that Taiwan is so far from my home is also another reason why I'd like to move. If it's going to be this far away, I'd like longer vacations so that I have the time to come home for a good length of time.

But, there's no sense in talking about the end before the beginning! It's so nice to go into a fresh experience with a good attitude because the other option isn't helpful, and it doesn't make me feel any better. So wish us luck as we embark on another year in Taiwan. I will be teaching social studies if you can believe it! 7th grade geography, 8th grade honors US history, and 9th grade Medieval history (what???) I'm very excited to finally not teach English this year. I love English as a student, but I have difficulty teaching it (in my own opinion). Plus, at our school, the English classes are mixed between students who hardly speak enough English as well as those who speak OK English. But the other subjects have students whose English is quite good. I can't wait to actually plan lessons that can come to fruition. And, I'm going to learn so much in the process. I love history, so this will be super fun for me (note my positive attitude). So wish us both luck as we go for it again in Taipei!

If I got to see you over the break, I'm so glad we had the chance to get together! It means so much for me to see family and friends, and I savored each of those moments! Hopefully see you next summer...

Sorry if this blog isn't that interesting or funny. I'm writing it after my first day back at work and with a glass of red wine. Perhaps I'm not at my best :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Dropped the Ball

What Month Is It?

Blissful February--Inspiration Wherefore Art Thou? + Mosquitoes, Wherefore Art Thou Not?