Back In the Game

Hello all! Almost exactly one year later, I am back in the business of writing this blog. Aren't you all excited? Get ready to enjoy sometimes dull yet sometimes slightly humorous blog posts that will just keep everyone informed of the goings on over here in Taiwan with no more teaching! It's my way of connecting to you from afar :)

But, as of right now, I'm out at the beach with Mom and Dad. And Katie and her new boyfriend Billy are in the area, so we've gotten to hang out with them sometimes. It's been a wonderful time of speed reading books (me and Mom), riding bikes, jogging on the boardwalk, birdwatching (Dad, NOT me), swimming, and having dinner by the water (all of us!). It's been amazing weather, and each day has been lovely to relax and enjoy our time together.

But, today we got swarmed by flies, and as others are sitting casually on the sand in their beach chairs, mom and I are being feasted upon hungrily by angry flies who appear to look just like house flies. But, somehow they turned angry (mom says).

We also got to go visit Kristi a few weeks back, and that was awesome. It's insane to see how old the kids are getting and to hear about all of their adventures at their new school in Fort Scott. They are just about the best nieces/nephews/grandchildren/and children we could all ask for. Georgia is getting to that age where she wants to join in with the older crowd, and she and I like to talk about books we love in fancy voices: "Dahhhlingggg, wasn't Anne of Green Gables an excellent book?" Jane is becoming wonderfully creative with her seashell kingdom, love for animals, and inner imaginary world. Paschal loves to laugh and smile and run around crazily. It's fun to watch him dive under the water like a duck and come up smiling. And Margot, the newest addition, is just about as cute as you can get when she climbs into your lap with a book. It was such a treat to see them all and heartbreaking to leave them again.

So, James and I headed out on our summer vacation starting July 9, and we traveled in Europe from Germany, Belgium, and a weekend in Amsterdam. It was amazing to relax together and spend time with some friends as the school year this year was incredibly intense. Then, we parted ways in the Frankfurt airport as he had to go back to work, and I had to fly home to come figure out my life. No, really, I just wanted to enjoy myself while everyone I knew was starting the school year, and I could dance around yelling, "I'm free! I'm free!" Needless to say, none of my Taiwan friends at school really wants to talk to me during this time. They just had their first day a couple of days ago.
Anyway, this is my vacation to spend time with friends, family, and work on wedding plans, and try to get a few things sorted before I fly back to Taipei. It turned out to be a longer vacation than I expected, and I'm starting to get "work withdrawal". Never thought I'd say that. All play and no work makes Keri a dull girl. So, I am excited to get back to Taipei and get into a routine of writing and tutoring (just that right amount of teaching time), and seeing my friends again and getting back to the grind.

There's something about a routine that keeps us sane. Of course, we all need vacations, and I just couldn't do the full-time teaching anymore, but we all need a purpose and work to guide our focus and our day.  I suppose it's normal to feel this way, but it's annoying when you're under the beautiful sunshine, listening to the waves, and at the same time feeling the desperate need to schedule something. Sigh...

Talk to you again soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Dropped the Ball

What Month Is It?

Blissful February--Inspiration Wherefore Art Thou? + Mosquitoes, Wherefore Art Thou Not?